Sunday, April 13, 2014

0 to 10 in a flash.

     Abi's seizure count this past week has been way down - I have maybe seen 3 all week (that I can remember), except today - Today she had too many. I actually lost count, but it was easily close to 10 today. Why? I have no clue! We have not changed anything in her meds (well, we came down on the Keppra a little, but that was over a week ago -it wouldn't be just affecting her now). But this last week she was battling that fever thing so that would be my guess, because of that whole super AbiNormal thing she does where when she starts feeling ill or irritable her seizures decrease and increase again when she is feeling okay. I guess it's bittersweet. Because now she is feeling better, but now has to deal with more of those pesky seizures again! I'll tell you what is not bittersweet though - when she can't find sleep but she is exhausted and does her little fussy "tyring to find sleep" cry but it wakes up her new brother and so then he does his fussy "you woke me up" cry and then they are both being whiney. When she stops, he stops and when she starts he starts again. What a rotten pair already! haha - sorry that was a little tangent because that is what was just happening. Okay, back to Abi. All day today she was happy and 'playful'. I saw a few smile responses to my voice, which is always nice. but she was continuously having seizures! She started with 3 in the morning before 10 and they just continued throughout the whole day. No warning or seeming cause, they just happened. They actually started again last night where she had 2 before going to bed, then today. We didn't change meds, we didn't change routine, we did actually change formula to pediasure, but I can't imagine that having anything to do with it. I also haven't seen any coloration in any of diapers today that I can remember. I will keep an eye on that too. 
     It's all just so weird. Is there any connection? Or is it just coincidence? I do remember way back when, when she was still only a few months old we realized she needed the gentler formula for her stomach and when she switched to that she was much happier, but also did have more seizures. So, when she was on the regular stuff she was so fussy and gassy, but not having as many seizures, but then we put her on the gentle stuff and she got so much happier, but was also having more seizures. So I wonder if it could be the formula change? - Maybe now her bottles are less concentrated and have a more equal amount of liquid and nutrients, and that is making her urine less concentrated which is making her body more happy and therefor her more happy? But what about the fevers? Before we were giving her little amounts of water (it was more often juice or milk) with formula, fruit, and cereal to help increase the calorie count in her bottles. I wondered if that was the cause of her off-colored urine, dehydration or just really concentrated urine, but I was never sure, we couldn't ever get a definitive answer from anyone. I wonder if that could have something to do with it..I wouldn't have thought twice about it if I wasn't writing this right now...but i'll pay closer attention there now too. She also pooped like 3 times today! Granted 1 time I had to help with liquid suppository, then I used a regular suppository to help with later, but she had quite a few stinkies today without too much straining. Maybe that has something to do with the formula too. Who knows honestly! We just deal with what the day gives us.
     I just remembered that her neurologist did find out that 1-3% of potiga users (which is a med she is on) get a condition called "chromaturia" or abnormally colored urine (there's actually such a thing, apparently!) - Leave it up to AbiNormal to get something only 1-3% get! But i'll still keep my eye out to see if it has gone away or was just a fluke today that I didn't see any today. 
     We'll take a few more days to monitor and see what the new "pattern" brings and see if we can find anything from there. I'll keep you posted if we find anything big! Abi still hasn't found sleep even through this whole post - her brother, however, keeps coming in and out of it. 
     They are both such awesome babies! But it is so weird now to see what a 'normal' baby does. It's like being a first time mom again...from day one I have quickly learned that I don't know how to do normal! No meds, no feeding tricks, no extra isms to be aware of- just feed him, play for a minute, then let him sleep - and change the occasional stinky - which he produces several times all on his own - no vaseline or q-tip needed! Truly and honestly though I am so blessed with these kiddos. I don't know what I did to deserve them! But Abi is an extremely special spirit and such a trooper! And I just KNOW that Max was sent to us to be here for Abi and be her protector and teacher and 'big brother'.

Hopefully Abi will be able to find some sleep soon! I love that little (big) doll face baby. 

This is AbiNormal. Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment