Thursday, September 5, 2013

Today makes 5

     Abigail had a WONDERFUL day at her abi-sitter and early intervention eye appointment! She was following the items fantastically and responding to sounds without any delay. It was so good to see her responding/focusing/following so well, it definitely gives me a lot of hope for her progress! The abi-sitter (what my dad calls Abigail's babysitter) said she was SO GOOD today, not even ONE fuss ALL day! AND she wasn't even being held hardly at all until the end! Veronica (the abi-sitter) said Abigail hung out in her bouncer outside just happy as can be for about a good hour while she (Veronica) was able to clean out her fire pit. I LOVE to hear when Abi has good days because I have the absolute hardest time dropping off a fussy baby and knowing it was a tough day for Abi and her sitters. I just feel so guilty about it - I don't have too many options right now though - so when I hear days are easy and happy like today it really makes my heart feel good for Abi and Veronica.
    She did really well in the car ride again, except today I had to stop and change a poopy both ways! The first time I even needed to change her outfit! She hadn't even really started her day and she was already needing a costume change! But, oh well, as soon as the poopy was changed she was back to be happy as can be. Once I got her home things changed a bit..she got a little fussy again and I wasn't sure why - I fed her 4oz and she ate ALL of it (the abi-sitter said she ate all of her bottle earlier that day too!) but was still fussy, I then finally noticed she was really sleepy - she slept most of the car ride home (minus the part where she, you know, messed herself..she fell asleep again for a good 45 minutes - I got a lot of laundry done! After she woke up she was again pretty fussy unless she was being held or at least entertained. Eventually, Abigail, Olivia, and I went to the store and I guess going outside/going on a walk was just what Abi needed because after  we came back she was able to sit in her bouncer for quite a while just content as can be while I got dinner ready..I actually forgot she was there at one point in time she was so quiet! After about 20-30 minutes though she decided she was done with her bouncer and it was time to be held again. I held her through dinner, then put her down one more time to clean up. Immediately she started fussing, but it wasn't anything bad so I continued doing what I was doing. The exact same time that I was done and ready to go pick her up again she got REALLY mad, and went into a breath holding spell....a long one...and after it came....you guessed it! A big seizure. This one only lasted about 2 minutes, so it wasn't as long as some of her other big seizures, but it wasn't just the stare off to space one. I didn't get it on video even though I could have, I just didn't figure it was necessary since it looked like her other ones. I know it's not my fault at all, but I can't help but think if I had picked her up sooner would she not have gotten so mad and had a seizure? It just drives me nuts. But now she sleeps (like always). She's been asleep for almost 2 hours now, so any minute she will wake up ready to eat, I'll feed her then she'll probably go back to sleep for the rest of the night. Tonight's seizure makes 5 since we've started the wean of topomax back on August 19th. I don't know how many is a sign we need to put her on another medication again? I mean, they still aren't really consistent at all and are still fairly infrequent. I guess I'll just mention it to her neurologist and see what he has to say.
     I guess overall, today was such a good day minus the little hiccup. She did some really cool things today at the eye doctor! She even was hitting the iPad screen with her fist (more than once!) I'm glad that I don't have to go to school tomorrow so that I can stay home with her and just make sure she's comfortable. These buggers really wear her out..and me too! Anyway, just a short post today - I wasn't actually expecting to have to write today so I didn't have much to say (although I did want to tell you about the AWESOME experience with the eye lady - So i'm glad I did that before I forgot!)

Thanks for reading!

This is AbiNormal!

No comments:

Post a Comment