Friday, August 2, 2013

No news is good news!

So I realize it's been almost a month since my last post! I was so worried about this happening from the beginning, you know, me getting lazy and all. It's just hard when nothing big or new happens for me to sit down and write about how today Abi was like a normal baby-which I guess is big news in Abi's book. But seriously, the last month since that atrocious hospital experience in Vegas at UMC (it has been almost a month and I'm still harboring negative, anxiety-packed feelings about that place and the doctor-- I'm not one to normally dwell) has been fantastic overall. She has just been so much fun! Smiling and talking like its her job! I'm thinking she's gonna be a chatterbox like her mamma-lucky girl. Haha she's been sleeping through the night consistently-11 to 6:30/7 -takes her meds like a champ - is eating almost 5/6 ounces at each feeding and growing, finally! We've even officially moved her up into size 2 diapers! We still have her in 0-3 size clothes but there are signs of them getting almost too tight! I haven't gotten her weighed or anything since Vegas because I haven't yet made it to the pediatrician (I thought I had an appt with them on the 29th, but I showed up and they didn't have me scheduled - so I go back this Tuesday the 6th). We did get to see her physical therapist last week though and she was SO pleased with Abigail's progress from the last time she saw her..her head control has come a long way - still a bit to go but a long way none the less. She still spazzes a little when she's falling asleep (I only throw that in now because she is laying right next to me as I write this and I just saw her little arms jump up in the air..I just love her to pieces). She also still has those pesky breath holding fits often too-some resulting in minor seizures-they've become relatively frequent (more frequent than I'd like for sure) but I've pinpointed them to being at their worst when she really tired..her nystagmus seems to be worst then too. 
     Anyway, last time I saw her neurologist we were able to get her in for an EEG to check for neonatal spasms, which, if she does have them then we would put her on a short term steroid treatment to combat those. (But may give her roid rage while on it) I haven't gotten the results from the EEG yet, but I go back to see him on the 20th of this month so we'll get some answers then. Also that same week(ish) we will try to get her in to see the cardiologist for a potential heart murmur, the nephrologist for her RTA (renal tube acidosis), and HOPEFULLY another eye doctor. Her nystagmus is so so constant now and we just had a visit from Early Intervention eye specialty who mentioned CVI (cortical vision impairment) -which is not a vision problem with the eyes, but a vision problem with the brain. It is a neurological condition that impairs vision-the eyes see it, but the brain doesn't process it. It is very common with epilepsy..nystagmus is one of (the many) signs of potential CVI. The E.I. Eyes lady (Jennifer) in no way diagnosed CVI, just mentioned it as a probability (not possibility:probability). I've wanted to go back to the eye doctor ever since the first one-but I was going to be patient-but since she mentioned that, and my insurance starts over at the end of this month, it gives me great reason to push for a second opinion! 
   I'm going to try to keep up with this blog update thing better-but just remember-with AbiNormal-no news is good news! But I will definitely update after all the doctors visits with the information from them! 
   Oh! Abi has gone swimming a lot since we've been back from the east! She loves it! I kick her little legs for her and she just smiles and smiles and coos. She's also noticing faces much better and LOVES to look at herself in the mirror..she truly is such a happy baby-I've known it the whole time. I've always said "I can tell she wants to be happy-she just can't be right now!" But now she is. Happy and content (most of the time) and OH SO FUN! 

This is AbiNormal!



So happy!

Loves to swim!


Mommy's girl

No comments:

Post a Comment